Upgrading to new iOS is always a great thing to do take the benefits of new features. However, while doing so you may meet some infuriating problems although you have made full preparation. According to the Apple Support executive, you may come upon iTunes error 14 when updating to iOS latest version.
Many users have encountered an issue that their iPhone/iPad could not be restored, an unknown error occurred 14″ same as you did. It takes place whenever you try to update your device and restore from the backup. To help you out, here in this guide we list the most useful methods to solve iTunes error 14 when updating to iOS latest version. So, you can perform smooth upgrade of the latest version.
Look at the possible causes behind the iTunes error 14:
This error generally occurs when you restore or update your iDevice via iTunes. The reasons of this error can be:
- Faulty USB ports or damaged USB cable.
- Security software or firewall.
- Not having proper network connection.
- Due to an out-of-date iOS or iTunes version.
- When you try Jailbreaking iOS devices
Whatsoever the reason, you need to clear this error, if you want to update your iDevice. You can dial Apple Support Number and take professionals’ guidance to fix this issue on your own.
How to Fix iTunes Error 14 When Updating to iOS latest version?
- Make sure your USB cable and USB port both the working fine.
- You can also try restarting your iDevice and computer. This is one of the simple ways to fix iTunes error 14.
- First, backup your device and then try a clean restore of your iOS version. And then restore your device with the backup that you have created after installing latest version of iOS successfully.
- In order to get rid of unknown error 14 you must have installed the most up-to-date version of Xcode 8 on Mac computer. Otherwise, you may not be able to terminate this error.
- Apple timely released new version of iTunes to work with the new operating system on your device. So, go and check for update. If the latest update available, then you need to install it in your system.
- Try turning off the security software for temporary basis and then attempt to update and restore your iDevice again. If the error 14 still persists, then you need to uninstall the security software.
Hopefully, after trying above mentioned simple steps, you are able to fix iTunes Error 14 while updating iOS to its latest version. If not or you need some additional assistance, then you can dial Apple Support Phone Number at anytime and from anywhere. Here, the available professionals will help you out in resolving your issues within a quick succession of time.